Customer Service Assistant
Job Title Customer Service Assistant
Line Manager Customer Service Manager
Salary £15-17,000 per annum dependent on experience
Location Tockwith, YO26
About Bert & May:
Bert and May is a lifestyle brand, providing a range of interior design products to both the trade and retail market. Its flagship store is based out of a beautiful warehouse in Bethnal Green and its head office hub is located in Tockwith, North Yorkshire. The brand has an exciting growth strategy, with ambitions to increase the number of retail outlets across the UK and create one of the leading retail e-commerce sites.
About the Role:
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone to join our exciting and ambitious design business.
We are looking for a Customer Service Assistant to join our Customer Service team. You will be responsible for creating a perfect end to end journey for our client, ensuring a friendly, personable and professional service whilst delivering customer service administration.
You will be motivated, focused and looking to develop within the role at an exciting time in the company.
Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Communicating with customers throughout the order process so they feel well informed.
- Provide an outstanding customer experience for all clients, promoting a customer centred culture at all times.
- Provide administrative duties as per departmental requirements.
- Deal promptly with incoming, out-going and internal phone calls and emails.
- Effectively and compassionately resolve customer complaints, escalating to Customer Service Manager when requested or necessary.
- Keep detailed records of customer queries.
- Work within set deadlines.
- Communicate and coordinate with internal departments to ensure effective handover of client detail.
- Manage client accounts, organising and prioritising workload to exceed client expectations.
- Promote company products and services to drive revenue.
- Processing refunds and credit notes.
- All other tasks as requested by management.
- At least 1 year of administration or sales experience.
- Organised and punctual with a good level of general education.
- Experience working in a high pressure environment.
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team.
- Experience dealing with customers in a sales environment.
- Positive pro-active attitude.
- Effective communication skills both verbally and written.
- Ability to analyse issues raised and resolve effectively.
- Administration skills including word and excel.
- Patient with excellent listening skills.
- Empathetic and calm nature.
If you would like to apply for this position, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org