Bert & May is always looking for talented, creative individuals with a passion for the interior design, retail and customer services sector to join our team - don't let us miss you!
You will need to be motivated, focused, proactive and able to thrive within a busy, fast paced and creative company at a very exciting time.
Send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Find out more about Bert and May
Current available roles:
- Account Manager - New York
- Showroom Manager/ Interior Design
- Sales Account Executive
- Social Media Coordinator & Marketing Volunteer/Intern
- Boutique Assistant Advisor (Part-Time), Chelsea Store
Account Manager - New York
A fantastic opportunity to join our exciting and ambitious design-led interiors business. We are looking to recruit an Account Manager with design experience to develop our International market in New York City.
Reporting to the UK & International Trade Business Manager you will be responsible for:
- Establishing relationships with Interior Designers and Design Practices in the New York area
- Manage a portfolio of existing customer accounts based in New York and maximising the revenue and opportunities within these key accounts
- Gaining new business from proactively engaging with and approaching new customers both face to face and over the telephone to promote the brand
- Gain an in depth understanding of the Brand and strong product knowledge
- Involved with the development of the International Sales Strategy
- Working with designers and buyers on product selection and negotiating Trade pricing for larger commercial build projects
- Taking detailed design briefs and managing orders from sale to completion
- Management reporting and accurate data management
- Regular interfacing with UK Head Office
- Attendance and networking at related Design events
- Previous Design experience 3 years +
- Sales experience
- Experience of working to targets
- Self-motivated with a proactive approach
- Excellent relationship building skills
Showroom Manager/ Interior Design
Location: London, Chelsea
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone to join this exciting and ambitious design business. We are looking for someone with an interior design background to work in our chelsea showroom and drive the design business and relationships with our trade clients. We are looking for an assistant retail Showroom Manager to take our beautiful warehouse and turn it into one of the best shopping destinations in London. We are looking for someone who will have a creative approach to increasing footfall to the shop through marketing and events, will take responsibility for the store layout. You will be motivated and focused, with a self-starter attitude and looking to develop within the role at an exciting time in the company
Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Layout and presentation of the store
- Organising and managing events in store
- Working with marketing to increase footfall to the store
- Handling sales within the store
- Managing an in-store sales team as we grow
- Assisting in the opening of a new store in West London.
In addition to this, you will:
- Have 3 years’ experience in retail
- Have very good IT skills, particularly Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word
- Be sales driven
- Be customer focused
- Enjoy developing relationships with clients to ensure repeat custom
- Have excellent communication skills
- Be highly organised and efficient
- Be able to work under pressure and tight deadlines. The successful candidate will
- thrive in a high pressure environment
Sales Account Executive
- Interest in luxury interiors is desirable
Salary per annum with uncapped commission
- Cold call as appropriate within your market or geographic area to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities.
- Meet strict KPI’s for business activy and lead generation.
- Following up new business opportunities and setting up meetings
- Work to Providing management with feedback
- Promote and seek new opportunities for Bert & May in the UK and global markets
- Manage sales opportunities from lead generation and pass to sale team
- Maintain and leverage the company's relationship with existing customers and to promote new company products to existing customers
- Report and communicate specific required metrics
- Meet potential clients by growing, maintaining, and leveraging your network.
- Identify potential clients, and the decision makers within the client organization. Research and build relationships with new clients.
- Set up meetings between client decision makers and company’s practice leaders/Principals.
- Work with team to develop proposals that speaks to the client’s needs, concerns, and objectives.
- Present new products and services and enhance existing relationships.
- Work with technical staff and other internal colleagues to meet customer needs.
- Arrange and participate in internal and external client debriefs.
- Ensure that data is accurately entered and managed within the company’s CRM or other sales management system.
- Desired Proven track record of success in a b2b, solution sales role Smart, credible and articulate with sound personal impact Marketing knowledge
- Experience is using large existing data bases Previous interiors or luxury goods experience is desirable
Job Type: Full-time
Salary – negotiable
Job Title: Social Media Coordinator & Marketing Volunteer/Intern
Assistant Location: Leeds
Hours: Full or Part-time hours will be considered
About Bert & May:
Bert and May is a lifestyle brand, providing a range of interior design products to both the trade and retail market. Its flagship store is based out of a beautiful warehouse in Bethnal Green with the second boutique store in Chelsea.
Bert and May’s head office hub is located across its two offices in Leeds and Tockwith, North Yorkshire. The brand has an exciting growth strategy, with ambitions to increase the number of retail outlets across the UK and create one of the leading retail e-commerce sites.
About the Role:
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone to join the marketing team on a volunteer basis to gain experience and exposure to an exciting and ambitious design business.
We are looking for a talented Social media coordinator to volunteer as part of the marketing team to implement online marketing strategies through our various social media accounts.
You will need to create engaging content for our social media presence and maintain a strong online presence for our company.
- You will be measured on the increase of web traffic and customer engagement metrics.
Ensuring the Bert and May brand is at the centre of everything you create and seeking new social media opportunities whilst continually connecting with our audiences, will be vital to the success of this role.
Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Assist the Marketing Team with their daily routines.
- Manages company social media channels, including Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and other relevant platforms.
- Engages in social media presence creation on new and emerging social media platforms
- Research audience preferences and discover current trends.
- Creates dynamic written, graphic, and video content
- Optimizes content following search engine optimisation (SEO) and pay-per-click (PPC)
- Creates content that promotes audience interaction, increases audience presence on company sites, and encourages audience participation
- Develop social media campaigns that sustain readers curiosity and create a buzz around new products.
- Analyses and reports audience information and demographics, and success of existing social media projects
- Proposes new ideas and concepts for social media content
- Works with marketing and social media team members to coordinate ad campaigns with social media strategy
- Writes and distributes e-newsletters to subscribers
- Manages social media communications
- Uses timelines and scheduled content to create a consistent stream of new content for audience interaction while analysing, managing, and altering schedules where necessary to optimize visits
Proven work experience at University or in the workplace.
Experience of working for a lifestyle brand wold be desirable.
A minimum of 5 GCSE`s or equivalent at grade C or above including Maths and English or equivalent.
Obtained a minimum of 3 A Levels or equivalent at grade C or above.BS degree in Marketing, New media or relevant field is desirable.