Namur Tile Installation Guide
RECLAIMED TERRACOTTA TILE INSTALLATION GUIDE
This document is designed as a guidance note for certified trade professionals. Please note that it is essential to wear suitable protective eyewear and clothing when cutting or drying tiles.
PRE-INSTALLATION PREPARATION & INSTALLATION
- It is of major importance that the diamonds are well mixed.
- The diamonds are always laid in a larger diamond shape, so that the diagonals will end up next to each other.
- We recommend to keep a joint width of 2 (to 3) mm. The tiles are handmade, may differ slightly in size and a good installation will require just a little more attention and time.
- Wet the tiles briefly before installation so that the glue cannot dry too quickly.
- To be laid in a thick glue of 0.5 to 1cm. - It’s appropriate to double-glue the tiles, this means put glue on both the tile and the underground. - Joint colour: cream-beige. In case of doubt, you may ask the floor layer to perform a sample before jointing the whole surface. We advise to apply a less constrasting joint.
- The joint can always be 1 mm deeper than the tiles, so not level with them. This will keep the shape of the diamonds visible whereas the joint remains less apparent.
- Before starting the jointing work, wet the floor abundantly. Joint small surfaces at once and sweep them off regularly. The tiles are very susceptible to cement grout film and must be cleaned correctly.
- When the tiles are completely dried out, clean the entire surface (with cement remover when necessary) until all traces of cement are removed. When the tiles are completely dehydrated, wipe them 2 (to 3) times (until saturation is reached) with the stone strengthener KSE 300 from Remmers. This is easiest with the help of a roller or sponge. Let it dry for 6 to 8 weeks. You can use the space but you must make sure you complete the process with the next application. When the floor is fully dry again, please treat the surface with the impregnation product “Remmers Funcosil AG impregnering” or “Lithofin Cotto Pre Wax”.. Apply the product twice with a soft painting roller, wet on wet. The product can foam slightly while you are applying it. After treating the whole floor, please polish it with a clean cotton cloth until all stripes have disappeared. Please only walk over the floor after 24 hours.
- Weekly maintenance with a vacuum cleaner and a nourishing soap (Berdy Topbril or Lithofin Wash & Clean) afterwards
Bert & May | 48 Lots Road | Chelsea | London |SW10 0QD 0203 744 0776 | firstname.lastname@example.org