Bert & May is always looking for talented, creative individuals with a passion for the interior design, retail and customer services sector to join our team - don't let us miss you! You will need to be motivated, focused, proactive and able to thrive within a busy, fast paced and creative company at a very exciting time. Find out more about Bert and May
If you're interested in a position or would like to send your CV for a prospective role please email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Current available roles:
- Digital Marketing Executive
- Boutique Assistant Advisor - Chelsea, London
- Account Manager - New York
- Sales Account Executive
- Social Media Coordinator & Marketing Volunteer/Intern
Digital Marketing Executive
Bert & May is a lifestyle brand, providing a range of interior design products to both the trade and retail market. Its flagship store is based in East London and its’ second store is in Chelsea. The head office studio is located in central Leeds, in a great working space in the creative hub of South Bank. The brand has an exciting growth strategy, with big ambitions and is looking to recruit an equally ambitious digital executive that is keen to grow and develop their skills. Candidates must be interested in all aspects of design and ideally a keen interest in interior design. Having graphic design skills would be advantageous.
You’ll work closely with the Digital Marketing Manager and Marketing Team, with the responsibility to aid the implementation of our digital marketing strategy through driving traffic, leads and online conversion.
About the role:
We are looking for a Digital Marketing Executive to join our fast growing team in Leeds. The candidate will be responsible for delivering online sales growth and must have a passion for digital sales. This is a huge opportunity for an entrepreneurial digital expert to join our dynamic business and help make Bert & May build a leading digital platform.
The successful candidate will be responsible for creating, editing, uploading, styling & maintaining the website(s) with a focus that all such activity must be driven by the digital sales targets.
The ideal candidate will be personable, deadline-driven and flexible to changing priorities. But also be a dynamic thinker, proactive and keen to deliver ROI.
Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Maintain and manage content and products on the Bert & May website
- Assisting with the planning and implementation of multi channel campaigns
- Support Digital Marketing Manager in delivering online plan, including implementation of SEO, PPC, Email Marketing and other lead generation requirements
- Regularly report and analyse website trends and opportunities
- Support the delivery of online and multichannel projects
Skills / Personal Qualities:
- Ideally previous digital experience client side or within an agency
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills
- A good knowledge of traffic channels such as SEO, PPC, affiliates, social and display
- Experience with Shopify, Mailchimp, Google Analytics, Google Adwords etc. preferable
- Confident working with Excel
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritse work appropriately and work independently
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience working for a lifestyle brand would be desirable
- Ensure that all content is accurate, error-free, high quality, concise, current and adheres to web best practice
- A creative eye and some graphic design skills
The successful candidate will be proactive in their approach to work and will work in an analytical and logical way. A track record in digital or similar roles is important however if you can otherwise demonstrate the skill set we will consider this in your application.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we receive, if you have not heard from us within 3-4 weeks please assume that your application has not been successful on this occasion.
Boutique Assistant Advisor - Chelsea, London
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone to join an exciting and ambitious design business. We are looking for an assistant advisor to join our London team, working 2 or 3 days a week, including weekends. You will be responsible for sourcing new customer relationships with designers and architects, acting as a sales representative for new and existing customers and working with a beautiful product. This role needs a motivated individual, who is sales driven, focused and has a passion for interior design.
Your responsibilities will include but are not be limited to:
- Handling sales within the store
- Working with the store manager on marketing and increasing footfall to the store
- Following up on samples and leads that have come through the store
- Building relationships with designers with potential repeat business
- Achieving sales targets
- Learning extensive product knowledge
- Working on interior design schemes with the in-house interior design team when requested
In addition to this, you will:
- Have a passion for interior design
- Be customer focused
- Be highly organised and efficient
- Have good IT skills, particularly Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word
Contact Ellie on firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and why you would be the perfect candidate.
Account Manager - New York
A fantastic opportunity to join our exciting and ambitious design-led interiors business. We are looking to recruit an Account Manager with design experience to develop our International market in New York City.
Reporting to the UK & International Trade Business Manager you will be responsible for:
- Establishing relationships with Interior Designers and Design Practices in the New York area
- Manage a portfolio of existing customer accounts based in New York and maximising the revenue and opportunities within these key accounts
- Gaining new business from proactively engaging with and approaching new customers both face to face and over the telephone to promote the brand
- Gain an in depth understanding of the Brand and strong product knowledge
- Involved with the development of the International Sales Strategy
- Working with designers and buyers on product selection and negotiating Trade pricing for larger commercial build projects
- Taking detailed design briefs and managing orders from sale to completion
- Management reporting and accurate data management
- Regular interfacing with UK Head Office
- Attendance and networking at related Design events
- Previous Design experience 3 years +
- Sales experience
- Experience of working to targets
- Self-motivated with a proactive approach
- Excellent relationship building skills
Sales Account Executive
Interest in luxury interiors is desirable. Salary per annum with uncapped commission
- Cold call as appropriate within your market or geographic area to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities.
- Meet strict KPI’s for business activy and lead generation.
- Following up new business opportunities and setting up meetings
- Work to Providing management with feedback
- Promote and seek new opportunities for Bert & May in the UK and global markets
- Manage sales opportunities from lead generation and pass to sale team
- Maintain and leverage the company's relationship with existing customers and to promote new company products to existing customers
- Report and communicate specific required metrics
- Meet potential clients by growing, maintaining, and leveraging your network.
- Identify potential clients, and the decision makers within the client organization. Research and build relationships with new clients.
- Set up meetings between client decision makers and company’s practice leaders/Principals.
- Work with team to develop proposals that speaks to the client’s needs, concerns, and objectives.
- Present new products and services and enhance existing relationships.
- Work with technical staff and other internal colleagues to meet customer needs.
- Arrange and participate in internal and external client debriefs.
- Ensure that data is accurately entered and managed within the company’s CRM or other sales management system.
- Desired Proven track record of success in a b2b, solution sales role Smart, credible and articulate with sound personal impact Marketing knowledge
- Experience is using large existing data bases Previous interiors or luxury goods experience is desirable
Job Type: Full-time
Social Media Coordinator & Marketing Volunteer/Intern
Hours: Full or Part-time hours will be considered
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone to join the marketing team on a volunteer basis to gain experience and exposure to an exciting and ambitious design business.
We are looking for a talented Social media coordinator to volunteer as part of the marketing team to implement online marketing strategies through our various social media accounts.
You will need to create engaging content for our social media presence and maintain a strong online presence for our company. You will be measured on the increase of web traffic and customer engagement metrics.
Ensuring the Bert and May brand is at the centre of everything you create and seeking new social media opportunities whilst continually connecting with our audiences, will be vital to the success of this role.
Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Assist the Marketing Team with their daily routines.
- Manages company social media channels, including Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and other relevant platforms.
- Engages in social media presence creation on new and emerging social media platforms
- Research audience preferences and discover current trends.
- Creates dynamic written, graphic, and video content
- Optimizes content following search engine optimisation (SEO) and pay-per-click (PPC)
- Creates content that promotes audience interaction, increases audience presence on company sites, and encourages audience participation
- Develop social media campaigns that sustain readers curiosity and create a buzz around new products.
- Analyses and reports audience information and demographics, and success of existing social media projects
- Proposes new ideas and concepts for social media content
- Works with marketing and social media team members to coordinate ad campaigns with social media strategy
- Writes and distributes e-newsletters to subscribers
- Manages social media communications
- Uses timelines and scheduled content to create a consistent stream of new content for audience interaction while analysing, managing, and altering schedules where necessary to optimise visits
- Proven work experience at University or in the workplace.
- Experience of working for a lifestyle brand wold be desirable.
- A minimum of 5 GCSE`s or equivalent at grade C or above including Maths and English or equivalent.
- Obtained a minimum of 3 A Levels or equivalent at grade C or above.BS degree in Marketing, New media or relevant field is desirable.