Bert & May is always looking for talented, creative individuals with a passion for the interior design, retail and customer services sector to join our team - don't let us miss you! You will need to be motivated, focused, proactive and able to thrive within a busy, fast paced and creative company at a very exciting time. Find out more about Bert and May
If you're interested in a position or would like to send your CV for a prospective role please email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Current available roles:
Showroom Sales Executive / Interior Designer - Bethnal Green, London
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone to join this exciting and ambitious design business.
We are looking for an advisor to join our London team. You will be responsible for sourcing new customer relationships with designers and architects, acting as a sales representative for new and existing customer, arranging meetings both at the warehouse and at designers’ premises.
You will be motivated, sales driven, focused and looking to develop within the role at an exciting time in the company.
Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to;
- Managing the sales enquiries log using Pipedrive, our CRM
- Curating interior design schemes for clients
- Following up with samples and leads that are sent through
- Managing the sales process from beginning to end; following up on all queries in a timely and professional manner and handing over to the Customer Service team once completed.
- Building relationships with potential repeat business customers
- Sourcing new customer relationships and acting as a sales representative for new and existing customers
- Learn extensive product knowledge
- Achieving sales targets
In addition to this, you will:
- Have at least one year’s sales experience
- Have an interior design degree
- Previous luxury good experience is essential
- Previous experience within a lifestyle brand desirable.
- Have very good IT skills, particularly Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word
- Knowledge of Xero is desirable, but not essential.
- Be sales driven
- Be customer focused
- Have excellent communication skills
- Be highly organised and efficient
Account Manager - New York
A fantastic opportunity to join our exciting and ambitious design-led interiors business. We are looking to recruit an Account Manager with design experience to develop our International market in New York City.
Reporting to the UK & International Trade Business Manager you will be responsible for:
- Establishing relationships with Interior Designers and Design Practices in the New York area
- Manage a portfolio of existing customer accounts based in New York and maximising the revenue and opportunities within these key accounts
- Gaining new business from proactively engaging with and approaching new customers both face to face and over the telephone to promote the brand
- Gain an in depth understanding of the Brand and strong product knowledge
- Involved with the development of the International Sales Strategy
- Working with designers and buyers on product selection and negotiating Trade pricing for larger commercial build projects
- Taking detailed design briefs and managing orders from sale to completion
- Management reporting and accurate data management
- Regular interfacing with UK Head Office
- Attendance and networking at related Design events
- Previous Design experience 3 years +
- Sales experience
- Experience of working to targets
- Self-motivated with a proactive approach
- Excellent relationship building skills
Sales Account Executive
Interest in luxury interiors is desirable. Salary per annum with uncapped commission
- Cold call as appropriate within your market or geographic area to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities.
- Meet strict KPI’s for business activy and lead generation.
- Following up new business opportunities and setting up meetings
- Work to Providing management with feedback
- Promote and seek new opportunities for Bert & May in the UK and global markets
- Manage sales opportunities from lead generation and pass to sale team
- Maintain and leverage the company's relationship with existing customers and to promote new company products to existing customers
- Report and communicate specific required metrics
- Meet potential clients by growing, maintaining, and leveraging your network.
- Identify potential clients, and the decision makers within the client organization. Research and build relationships with new clients.
- Set up meetings between client decision makers and company’s practice leaders/Principals.
- Work with team to develop proposals that speaks to the client’s needs, concerns, and objectives.
- Present new products and services and enhance existing relationships.
- Work with technical staff and other internal colleagues to meet customer needs.
- Arrange and participate in internal and external client debriefs.
- Ensure that data is accurately entered and managed within the company’s CRM or other sales management system.
- Desired Proven track record of success in a b2b, solution sales role Smart, credible and articulate with sound personal impact Marketing knowledge
- Experience is using large existing data bases Previous interiors or luxury goods experience is desirable
Job Type: Full-time
Social Media Coordinator & Marketing Volunteer/Intern
Hours: Full or Part-time hours will be considered
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone to join the marketing team on a volunteer basis to gain experience and exposure to an exciting and ambitious design business.
We are looking for a talented Social media coordinator to volunteer as part of the marketing team to implement online marketing strategies through our various social media accounts.
You will need to create engaging content for our social media presence and maintain a strong online presence for our company. You will be measured on the increase of web traffic and customer engagement metrics.
Ensuring the Bert and May brand is at the centre of everything you create and seeking new social media opportunities whilst continually connecting with our audiences, will be vital to the success of this role.
Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Assist the Marketing Team with their daily routines.
- Manages company social media channels, including Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and other relevant platforms.
- Engages in social media presence creation on new and emerging social media platforms
- Research audience preferences and discover current trends.
- Creates dynamic written, graphic, and video content
- Optimizes content following search engine optimisation (SEO) and pay-per-click (PPC)
- Creates content that promotes audience interaction, increases audience presence on company sites, and encourages audience participation
- Develop social media campaigns that sustain readers curiosity and create a buzz around new products.
- Analyses and reports audience information and demographics, and success of existing social media projects
- Proposes new ideas and concepts for social media content
- Works with marketing and social media team members to coordinate ad campaigns with social media strategy
- Writes and distributes e-newsletters to subscribers
- Manages social media communications
- Uses timelines and scheduled content to create a consistent stream of new content for audience interaction while analysing, managing, and altering schedules where necessary to optimise visits
- Proven work experience at University or in the workplace.
- Experience of working for a lifestyle brand wold be desirable.
- A minimum of 5 GCSE`s or equivalent at grade C or above including Maths and English or equivalent.
- Obtained a minimum of 3 A Levels or equivalent at grade C or above.BS degree in Marketing, New media or relevant field is desirable.